Eat Your Way Through Japan
There’s more to eat in Japan than sushi and sashimi though those are perhaps that country’s most notable exports to World Cuisine. Here we present six dishes (including sushi), from a tangy, bubbling hot pot to barbecued skewers of poultry and savoury pancakes that are bound to have you drooling. Mind the keyboard!
Kaiseki-ryori - This is a very traditional, multi-course haute cuisine meal.
Yakitori - Skewered organs of chicken are grilled, seasoned and served with condiments.
Motsunabe - Motsu means organs of pork and beef and nabe is a pot au feu.
Ramen - Legend had it that Confucian missionaries brought this noodle broth dish to Japan from China over 400 years ago.
Okonomiyaki - This savoury pancake is Osaka's primary contribution to Japan's ryori (culinary) roster.
Sushi - It's singularly Japan's biggest food export. And at Sukiyabashi Jiro (www.sushi-jiro.jp), a three-Michelin star sushi restaurant, the owner-chef Jiro Ono has refined sushi making to an art.
You may also like
- vs. ENGWI2nd T20ITue, Mar 11, 2014Bridgetown, Barbados, West IndiesEngland in West Indies T20...
- WI won by 27 runsvs. ENGWI1st T20ISun, Mar 09, 2014Bridgetown, Barbados, West IndiesEngland in West Indies T20...
- vs. AUSSA1st T20IMatch abandonedSun, Mar 09, 2014Port Elizabeth, South AfricaAustralia in South Africa ...
- No live matches are in progress.
- vs. AUSSA2nd T20IWed, Mar 12, 2014Durban, South AfricaAustralia in South Africa ...
- Upcoming matchvs. ENGWI3rd T20IThu, Mar 13, 2014Bridgetown, Barbados, West IndiesEngland in West Indies T20...
- vs. AUSSA3rd T20IFri, Mar 14, 2014Fri, Mar 14, 2014Centurion, South AfricaAustralia in South Africa ...
Latest Photo Albums
All the noteworthy cricket quotes this month. More » Soundbyte — March 2014
MNS chief Raj Thackeray hosted master blaster Sachin Tendulkar and singer Lata Mangeshkar at his residence on Sunday. More » Spotted: Sachin Tendulkar with Lata Mangeshkar
Smith's retirement, Asia Cup wrap-up, pink balls, and more. More » Cricket Photos Of The Week 9.3.14
Action images from the third and final One-Day International of the series at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in Antigua on March 5, 2014. A stroke-filled maiden century by Denesh Ramdin … More » West Indies vs England, 3rd ODI
The South African captain will retire from international cricket following the conclusion of the third Test against Australia on March 5, 2014. Smith captained South Africa in 108 Test matches, including the present match, over 11 years. Factbox on the superb leader who saw off three England captains … More » Graeme Smith calls time on international career
We're back with Episode 7 of your wonderful street photography.
If you are a photographer, here's how you can participate. [Archive: Episodes … More » Street Cricket Photography Challenge - 7