Bookie codenames for cricketers
The spot-fixing scandal in the recently conculded sixth edition of the Indian Premier League has cast a dark shadow on Indian cricket as shocking revelations come to light with each passing day. As part of their probe into the scandal, investigators have found that the bookies and their underworld contacts used code names to refer to each other as well as cricketers to avoid detection by security agencies who could be tapping their phones. The Mumbai Crime Branch has been able to decode some of the names with the help of arrested Bollywood actor Vindoo Dara Singh (Jack). The code names were found in the diaries and iPads recovered from bookies. [CYCSPL]
- Yahoo Cricket Photo by BCCI Tue 21 May, 2013 9:30 PM IST
- AUS won by 218 runsvs. ENGAUS2nd TestThu, Dec 05, 2013Adelaide, AustraliaThe Ashes 2013-14...
- PAK won by 6 wkts.vs. PAKAFGOne-off T20ISun, Dec 08, 2013Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesAfghanistan vs Pakistan T2...
- SA won by 134 runsvs. INDSA2nd ODISun, Dec 08, 2013Durban, South AfricaIndia in South Africa ODI ...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. WINZ2nd TestTue, Dec 10, 2013Wellington, New ZealandWest Indies in New Zealand...
- Upcoming matchvs. INDSA3rd ODIWed, Dec 11, 2013Centurion, South AfricaIndia in South Africa ODI ...
- Upcoming matchvs. SLPAK1st T20IWed, Dec 11, 2013Dubai, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs Sri Lanka T20 ...
Latest Photo Albums
Action images from the second Ashes Test at the Adelaide Oval from December 5-9, 2013. More » 2nd Test: Australia vs England
All the best quotes from the month of December in this collection. More » Soundbyte — December 2013
South African anti-apartheid hero Nelson Mandela died peacefully at home at the age of 95 on December 5, 2013 after months fighting a lung infection, leaving his nation and the world in mourning for a man revered as a moral giant.
More » Cricketers Remember Nelson Mandela
Action images from the first Test between New Zealand and West Indies at Dunedin, December 3-7, 2013.
New Zealand were stranded an agonising 33 runs short of their first … More » 1st Test: New Zealand vs West Indies
Virender Sehwag took the West Indies bowling apart on December 8, 2011 at Indore as he became only the second man to go past 200 in One-Day Internationals at the time.
Sehwag hit 25 boundaries and 7 sixes … More » [FLASHBACK] Sehwag Gets The Highest ODI Score
Fans dress up colourfully for the second Ashes Test between Australia and England in Adelaide. More » Colourful fans at Adelaide Oval
The world's first underground cricket match was played in Honister Slate Mine in the Lake District by teams from Caldbeck and Threlkeld on December 5, 2013.
The Honister Slate Mine produces the famous Westmorland green slate and is now also used as a tourist attraction situated in the Lake … More » Cricket Goes Underground
India captain MS Dhoni, who has been named the winner of the People’s Choice Award, done through online voting; has been nominated for the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for The Cricketer of The … More » ICC Awards 2013: Dhoni leads nomination list
We take a look at some bald cricketers in this collection. Needless to say, they do/did know how to get into the opposition's hair with their performances. More » Cricket's bald performers
Tendulkar's new role, Irish joy, Vinay gets married, long time coming for Pakistan, and more. More » Cricket Photos of The Week 01.12.13