Clive Lloyd: The "Super Cat"
Former West Indies captain Clive Hubert Lloyd was born on August 31, 1944, at Georgetown, Demerara, British Guiana.
He captained the West Indies between 1974 and 1985 and oversaw their rise to become the dominant Test-playing nation, a position that was only relinquished in the latter half of the 1990s. West Indies also won the 1975 and 1979 World Cups under Lloyd's captaincy.
Lloyd, a tall and powerful middle-order batsman and occasional medium-pace bowler, was also an exceptional fielder, especially at cover point. He played his last international match in March 1985.
Lloyd was manager of the West Indies in the late 1990s; and has also had stints in coaching and commentating. He was an ICC match referee from 2001–2006.
Lloyd scored 7515 runs, including 19 centuries and 39 half-centuries, with a highest score of 242* at an average of 46.67 from 110 Test matches. In his 87-match ODI career, he scored 1977 runs with a highest score of 102 at an average of 39.54 and strike rate of 81.22.
- WI won by 5 wkts.vs. ENGWI2nd T20ITue, Mar 11, 2014Bridgetown, Barbados, West IndiesEngland in West Indies T20...
- WI won by 27 runsvs. ENGWI1st T20ISun, Mar 09, 2014Bridgetown, Barbados, West IndiesEngland in West Indies T20...
- vs. AUSSA1st T20IMatch abandonedSun, Mar 09, 2014Port Elizabeth, South AfricaAustralia in South Africa ...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. AUSSA2nd T20IWed, Mar 12, 2014Durban, South AfricaAustralia in South Africa ...
- Upcoming matchvs. ENGWI3rd T20IThu, Mar 13, 2014Bridgetown, Barbados, West IndiesEngland in West Indies T20...
- vs. AUSSA3rd T20IFri, Mar 14, 2014Fri, Mar 14, 2014Centurion, South AfricaAustralia in South Africa ...
Latest Photo Albums
Sri Lanka’s maiden entry into the World Cup final on March 13, 1996 was marred by crowd trouble at Eden Gardens in Calcutta (now Kolkata) after hosts India were sliding towards a huge defeat in the semi-finals. … More » [FLASHBACK] When the Eden crowd shamed Indian cricket
South Africa and Australia have been involved in some dramatic ODIs over the years. The teams were at it again on March 12, 2006 at the New Wanderers Stadium in Johannesburg as a plethora of records were … More » [FLASHBACK] When South Africa chased down 435
Smith's retirement, Asia Cup wrap-up, pink balls, and more. More » Cricket Photos Of The Week 9.3.14
Action images from the second T20 International at Kensington Oval. West Indies defeated England by five wickets in Barbados to take an unbeatable 2-0 lead in the three-match series. More » West Indies vs England, 2nd T20
All the noteworthy cricket quotes this month. More » Soundbyte — March 2014
MNS chief Raj Thackeray hosted master blaster Sachin Tendulkar and singer Lata Mangeshkar at his residence on Sunday. More » Spotted: Sachin Tendulkar with Lata Mangeshkar
Action images from the third and final One-Day International of the series at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in Antigua on March 5, 2014. A stroke-filled maiden century by Denesh Ramdin … More » West Indies vs England, 3rd ODI
The South African captain will retire from international cricket following the conclusion of the third Test against Australia on March 5, 2014. Smith captained South Africa in 108 Test matches, including the present match, over 11 years. Factbox on the superb leader who saw off three England captains … More » Graeme Smith calls time on international career