New Delhi: England batsman Kevin Pietersen and former England skipper Michael Vaughan Sunday congratulated pacer James Anderson on becoming the most successful English bowler of all time.
The 30-year-old now has 529 wickets in all three forms of cricket put together - Test, One-Day International (ODI) and T20 International. Anderson overtook one of the greatest all-rounders of all time Ian Botham, who had 528 wickets, having played only in Tests and ODIs.
"Awesome from @JimmyAnderson9! England's all time highest wicket taker.. Congrats Jimbob!!!" tweeted Pietersen.
Vaughan also lauded Anderson's efforts.
"Congrats to @JimmyAnderson9 for becoming England's leading wicket taker of all time... Great effort for a lad from Burnley....."
Anderson achieved this feat when he bowled New Zealand opener B.J. Watling in the first of the three ODIs between the two sides in Hamilton.
Anderson is now just two wickets behind former pacer Darren Gough in the list of highest wicket takers in ODIs from England.
Vaughan, Pietersen congratulate AndersonBy IANS | Yahoo! Cricket – Mon 18 Feb, 2013 1:26 PM IST
- WI won by 27 runsvs. ENGWI1st T20ISun, Mar 09, 2014Bridgetown, Barbados, West IndiesEngland in West Indies T20...
- vs. AUSSA1st T20IMatch abandonedSun, Mar 09, 2014Port Elizabeth, South AfricaAustralia in South Africa ...
- SL won by 5 wkts.vs. PAKSLFinalSat, Mar 08, 2014Mirpur, BangladeshAsia Cup, 2014...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. ENGWI2nd T20ITue, Mar 11, 2014Bridgetown, Barbados, West IndiesEngland in West Indies T20...
- Upcoming matchvs. AUSSA2nd T20IWed, Mar 12, 2014Durban, South AfricaAustralia in South Africa ...
- vs. ENGWI3rd T20IThu, Mar 13, 2014Thu, Mar 13, 2014Bridgetown, Barbados, West IndiesEngland in West Indies T20...
1 - 4 of 20