To help us overlook the mediocre New Zealand competition in the current series being played in West Indies, we travel to New Zealand to put its entire ODI cricket history under the Impact Index scanner.
From 1973 to 2012 (before the current series in West Indies), New Zealand played 620 matches and won 268 with a win-loss ratio of 0.85. Their highest score is 402, lowest 64. They have never won the World Cup, not even reached the final once till date (though they probably should have in 1999). In 2000 though, they did win the ICC Champions Trophy.
We present three lists – of players, batsmen and bowlers. The minimum qualification to be on these lists is to have played 75 matches. A match is considered in this system only when there is a result, and if the player has bowled or batted, as the case may be.
Here are the highest impact ODI players in New Zealand’s history.
These Kiwis could fly
In Part 4 of our ongoing series, we look at New Zealand's highest impact makers in ODIsBy Impact Index | Yahoo! Cricket – Mon 9 Jul, 2012 3:37 PM IST
Recent Articles by Impact Index
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. AUSSA1st T20ISun, Mar 09, 2014Port Elizabeth, South AfricaAustralia in South Africa ...
- Upcoming matchvs. ENGWI1st T20ISun, Mar 09, 2014Bridgetown, Barbados, West IndiesEngland in West Indies T20...
- vs. ENGWI2nd T20ITue, Mar 11, 2014Tue, Mar 11, 2014Bridgetown, Barbados, West IndiesEngland in West Indies T20...
- India’s ODI fortunes take a dip for the worse
Most of India’s players have lost form at the same time — beginning with the annihilation at the hands of South Africa in the first ODI in Johannesburg on December 5. More »India’s ODI fortunes take a dip for the worse
1 - 4 of 50