Johannesburg, Sept 13 (ANI): Former England captain Andrew Strauss has said that he will decide in the 'next couple of weeks' whether he wants to apply for the post of the England and Wales Cricket Board's (ECB) managing director of cricket.
The position is set to become vacant after incumbent Hugh Morris announced his desire to quit the post to become the new chief executive and director of cricket at county side Glamorgan, which he captained as a player.
According to Sport24, Morris had touted Strauss, who retired from all senior cricket last year, as a possible successor, although he also put forward the name of current England team director Andy Flower for the post.
Although Flower has been non-committal about replacing Morris, Strauss admitted that he was interested in the role, saying that he is always looking for new opportunities and will continue to do so, although he added that he was still considering the role at the moment.
The 100-Test veteran, who was an Ashes-winning captain twice, also said that there must be an application process for the post, adding that there would be a number of good candidates for the job.
Although Strauss stated that he is passionate about cricket and wants to remain involved in it in the future, he said that one has to be careful in understanding what he will need to do actually when such jobs become available, adding that he will think long and hard as to whether it is the right job for him. (ANI)