Scores | Action in images
Manchester: Rain ensured the second Twenty20 international between England and South Africa at Old Trafford on Monday ended in a no result washout.
England, chasing a target of 78 in a match already reduced by rain to nine overs per side, were 29 for two off 4.1 overs when a fresh downpour forced the players from the field for the final time.
Hashim Amla was 47 not out off 30 balls, with seven fours, and Jacques Kallis 13 not out off seven with two boundaries after England captain Stuart Broad won the toss and fielded in this floodlit fixture.
A minimum of five overs had to be completed in England's innings for either side to win this match, with the hosts needing to have scored 13 more runs off the five balls remaining in the fifth over to have won under the Duckworth/Lewis method for rain-affected matches.
South Africa remain 1-0 up in this three-match series heading into Wednesday's finale at Edgbaston.
Rain spoils Manchester T20
In a 9-overs-per-side game, England were 29-2 in response to South Africa's 77 before rain stopped play.By AFP | Yahoo! Cricket – Tue 11 Sep, 2012 2:55 AM IST
- AUS won by 218 runsvs. ENGAUS2nd TestThu, Dec 05, 2013Adelaide, AustraliaThe Ashes 2013-14...
- PAK won by 6 wkts.vs. PAKAFGOne-off T20ISun, Dec 08, 2013Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesAfghanistan vs Pakistan T2...
- SA won by 134 runsvs. INDSA2nd ODISun, Dec 08, 2013Durban, South AfricaIndia in South Africa ODI ...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. WINZ2nd TestTue, Dec 10, 2013Wellington, New ZealandWest Indies in New Zealand...
- Upcoming matchvs. INDSA3rd ODIWed, Dec 11, 2013Centurion, South AfricaIndia in South Africa ODI ...
- Upcoming matchvs. SLPAK1st T20IWed, Dec 11, 2013Dubai, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs Sri Lanka T20 ...
1 - 4 of 20