London, January 15 (ANI): Victoria Beckham is the latest celebrity to try the Honestly Healthy Alkaline Programme, which involves eating predominantly alkaline foods in an effort to keep the body's pH between 7.35 and 7.45, and claims to be able to heal a variety of ailments in addition to weight loss.
Other fans of the diet include Gwyneth Paltrow, Jennifer Aniston and Kirsten Dunst, the Daily Mail reported.
The ultra-strict regime warns against 'very acid forming' foods like starchy grains and vegetables like pasta, wheat and beans, all dairy products, meat fish and shellfish.'
Also banned are tea, coffee, sugar, fizzy drinks including soda and tonic water, and of course alcohol.
The wife of footballer David Beckham tweeted about her new eating scheme on Friday praising the recipe book by Vicki Edgson and organic chef Natasha Corrett.
While following the plan at least 70 percent of your diet should be alkaline, while the other 30 per cent can be acidic that basically means a lot of fruit and vegetables.
The books authors claim that acidic foods are harder on the body, forming acidic residues in the bloodstream which puts pressure on the liver and kidneys.
If followed correctly the diet claims to help improve energy levels and memory, headaches, bloating, heart disease, muscle pain and insomnia. (ANI)