Sydney, Jan. 1 (ANI): Australian cricket officials have been accused of double standards after charging icons Brett Lee and Darren Lehmann for speaking out when they were simply telling the truth.
Lee is set to face a hearing this week for claiming cricket in NSW is a mess following the sacking of coach Anthony Stuart and Lehmann, now Queensland's coach, received a suspended fine of 3000 dollars for complaining about Marlon Samuels' dodgy bowling action during the Big Bash tournament.
Australian Cricketers' Association chief executive Paul Marsh claimed he was disappointed with the treatment of Lee and Lehmann, news.com.au reports.
Marsh told News Limited that it was a sad state of affairs when a highly respected and experienced cricketer like Darren had the courage to publicly address an issue that everyone in cricket circles is talking about, but was charged under the code of behaviour.
He said that the issue of illegal bowling actions was a blight on the game and yet the game was doing next to nothing to address it.
Marsh also claimed that Lee's comments had been measured and well thought out, and reflected his personal opinion on the current situation at Cricket NSW. (ANI)