New Delhi: After days of dilly-dallying, the picture is finally clear with interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya all set to leave for London to attend the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) annual conference to be held from June 27 to June 29.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) had so far refused to confirm whether president N. Srinivasan or interim chief Dalmiya would represent it at the ICC meet, but Dalmiya had told MAIL TODAY on Thursday that the final announcement would be made on Friday.
Post the Special General Meeting (SGM) of the Cricket Association of Bengal, Dalmiya made it clear that he would attend three ICC meetings as BCCI’s representative.
Dalmiya and the new broom
Dalmiya or Srini, song remains the same on DRS
Dalmiya gets ready to attend ICC meet in London
Bindra questions Dalmiya and Srinivasan's presence in ICC meet
He said he wasn’t aware of Srinivasan travelling to London for the meet.
“Yes, I will be representing the BCCI in ICC’s executive committee meeting, the annual conference and the development board meeting. It is not in my knowledge whether Srinivasan is going to London,” Dalmiya told MAIL TODAY.
While there was speculation that he will meet BCCI vice-president Arun Jaitley in London before attending the meeting, Dalmiya said: “These are internal matters and aren’t meant to be discussed with the media.”
But a BCCI official confirmed that the interim chief will meet Jaitley. “As of now, he will be meeting Jaitley to discuss certain intricacies of ICC affairs. But Jaitley has made it clear that he doesn’t want to attend the meeting,” he said.
When asked to make it clear whether he is the only BCCI official going to London, Dalmiya bowled a googly.
“I am going there as a representative of all the members, so such questions shouldn’t arise. Also, Sanjay Patel is going there to attend the CEOs meeting,” he said.
While Srinivasan’s supporters argue that BCCI could be forced to accept the Decision Review System in bilateral series if Srinivasan isn’t part of the meet, Dalmiya made it clear that India’s stance won’t change.
“There is no question of being pressurised,” he said.
Reproduced from Mail Today. Copyright 2013. MTNPL. All rights reserved.
Not aware Srinivasan's attending ICC meeting: Dalmiya
BCCI's interim chief will represent the board at the annual conference of the ICC in London. Dalmiya stressed BCCI can’t be pressurised at the meeting to accept DRS.By Baidurjo Bhose | Mail Today – Sat 22 Jun, 2013 9:28 AM IST
- WI won by 27 runsvs. ENGWI1st T20ISun, Mar 09, 2014Bridgetown, Barbados, West IndiesEngland in West Indies T20...
- vs. AUSSA1st T20IMatch abandonedSun, Mar 09, 2014Port Elizabeth, South AfricaAustralia in South Africa ...
- SL won by 5 wkts.vs. PAKSLFinalSat, Mar 08, 2014Mirpur, BangladeshAsia Cup, 2014...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. ENGWI2nd T20ITue, Mar 11, 2014Bridgetown, Barbados, West IndiesEngland in West Indies T20...
- vs. AUSSA2nd T20IWed, Mar 12, 2014Wed, Mar 12, 2014Durban, South AfricaAustralia in South Africa ...
- vs. ENGWI3rd T20IThu, Mar 13, 2014Thu, Mar 13, 2014Bridgetown, Barbados, West IndiesEngland in West Indies T20...
1 - 4 of 20