India's short tour of New Zealand early next year will kick off with an One-Day International (ODI) at Napier's McLean Park on January 19, 2014.
The tour, which includes five ODIs, a two-day warm-up game and two Test matches, ends on February 18 after a Test at the iconic Basin Reserve.
Hamilton's Seddon Park will host two ODIs on January 22 and 28; while the remaining matches will be played on January 25 at Auckland and on January 31 at Wellington.
The two-day warm-up game will be played at Whangarei; while the two Tests will be played at Eden Park in Auckland and Wellington's Basin Reserve.
This itinerary means that New Zealand's South Island misses out on hosting any matches in this series.
All the five ODIs are day-nighters after requests from international and domestic broadcasters; and New Zealand Cricket (NZC) Chief Executive David White said only four venues in the country have permanent lights.
White also said Waikato is geared up for an Indian summer. “We felt that with the Tests in Wellington and Auckland, that Hamilton was the best spot for a second one-dayer with a large Indian population on their doorstep," White was quoted as saying in a NZC release.
Central Districts Chief Executive Hugh Henderson is delighted that the series opener will be held in Napier. “The Indian team are a huge drawcard throughout the world so the opportunity to host them on a Sunday in January will be fantastic for the region.”
Northern Districts Chief Executive Peter Roach is excited about hosting India on two occasions. “Seddon Park will soon feel like a second home to the Indian team as they are also scheduled for a Cricket World Cup fixture in Hamilton in 2015," he said in the release.
India in New Zealand 2014
January 19: 1st ODI, Napier
January 22: 2nd ODI, Hamilton
January 25: 3rd ODI, Auckland
January 28: 4th ODI, Hamilton
January 31: 5th ODI, Wellington
February 2-3: warm-up game, Whangarei
February 6-10: 1st Test, Auckland
February 14-18: 2nd Test, Wellington
Napier to host India-tour opener
The tour, which includes five ODIs, a two-day warm-up game and two Test matches, ends on February 18 after a Test at the iconic Basin Reserve.Yahoo! Cricket – Tue 10 Sep, 2013 2:56 PM IST
- Match drawnvs. WINZ1st TestMon, Dec 02, 2013Dunedin, New ZealandWest Indies in New Zealand...
- SA won by 141 runsvs. INDSA1st ODIThu, Dec 05, 2013Johannesburg, South AfricaIndia in South Africa ODI ...
- IRE won by 68 runsvs. IREAFGFinalSat, Nov 30, 2013Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesICC World Twenty20 Qualifi...
- live match AUS 132/3 (39 Overs)vs. ENGAUS2nd TestLIVEENG 172/10; AUS 570/9(D);Adelaide, AustraliaThe Ashes 2013-14...
- Upcoming matchvs. INDSA2nd ODISun, Dec 08, 2013Durban, South AfricaIndia in South Africa ODI ...
- Upcoming matchvs. PAKAFGOne-off T20ISun, Dec 08, 2013Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesAfghanistan vs Pakistan T2...
- vs. WINZ2nd TestTue, Dec 10, 2013Tue, Dec 10, 2013Wellington, New ZealandWest Indies in New Zealand...
1 - 4 of 20