500g - Basmati Rice
1 cup - Amul Milk
2 - Bananas
1 bunch - Grapes
½ cup - Cherries
Few drops - Rose Essence
½ cup - Dried Cranberries
50g - Kaju (Cashews)
50g - Kishmish (Raisins)
50g - Badam (Almonds)
150g - Amul Ghee
Few pods - Elaichi (Green Cardamom)
2 - Tej Patta (Bay Leaves)
Few - Laung (Cloves)
2 sticks - Dalchini (Cinnamon)
100g - Mawa
To taste - Salt
Soak basmati rice for 20 minutes. Heat water in a pan and make a potli in a muslin cloth of dalchini, elaichi, laung, tej patta and put it in the water.
Drain the rice and add it to the water. Add salt to taste, cover the pan with a lid and let the rice cook. Once the rice has cooked, remove from heat and drain the excess water.
Now in another pan, sauté the dried cranberries, kishmish, kaju and badam. Add the milk and mawa to the sautéed dry fruits. Take off heat and cool.When the milk has cooled, add rose essence. Chop the fresh fruit and add to the milk mixture, keep it till fruits get completely soaked in milk. Pour the milk mixture over the rice, toss and serve warm.
For more exciting recipes simply log on to
Or to access recipes on your mobile simply
Dial 1800 267 0700
MasterChef Recipes: Navratan Luqma
We bring to you a bunch of recipes from the Masterchefs themselves. Make sure you try out this recipe out at home.MasterChef Article – Mon 8 Apr, 2013 4:21 PM IST
- WI won by 27 runsvs. ENGWI1st T20ISun, Mar 09, 2014Bridgetown, Barbados, West IndiesEngland in West Indies T20...
- vs. AUSSA1st T20IMatch abandonedSun, Mar 09, 2014Port Elizabeth, South AfricaAustralia in South Africa ...
- SL won by 5 wkts.vs. PAKSLFinalSat, Mar 08, 2014Mirpur, BangladeshAsia Cup, 2014...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. ENGWI2nd T20ITue, Mar 11, 2014Bridgetown, Barbados, West IndiesEngland in West Indies T20...
- vs. AUSSA2nd T20IWed, Mar 12, 2014Wed, Mar 12, 2014Durban, South AfricaAustralia in South Africa ...
- vs. ENGWI3rd T20IThu, Mar 13, 2014Thu, Mar 13, 2014Bridgetown, Barbados, West IndiesEngland in West Indies T20...
1 - 4 of 20