500g - Basmati Rice
1 cup - Amul Milk
2 - Bananas
1 bunch - Grapes
½ cup - Cherries
Few drops - Rose Essence
½ cup - Dried Cranberries
50g - Kaju (Cashews)
50g - Kishmish (Raisins)
50g - Badam (Almonds)
150g - Amul Ghee
Few pods - Elaichi (Green Cardamom)
2 - Tej Patta (Bay Leaves)
Few - Laung (Cloves)
2 sticks - Dalchini (Cinnamon)
100g - Mawa
To taste - Salt
Soak basmati rice for 20 minutes. Heat water in a pan and make a potli in a muslin cloth of dalchini, elaichi, laung, tej patta and put it in the water.
Drain the rice and add it to the water. Add salt to taste, cover the pan with a lid and let the rice cook. Once the rice has cooked, remove from heat and drain the excess water.
Now in another pan, sauté the dried cranberries, kishmish, kaju and badam. Add the milk and mawa to the sautéed dry fruits. Take off heat and cool.When the milk has cooled, add rose essence. Chop the fresh fruit and add to the milk mixture, keep it till fruits get completely soaked in milk. Pour the milk mixture over the rice, toss and serve warm.
For more exciting recipes simply log on to
Or to access recipes on your mobile simply
Dial 1800 267 0700
MasterChef Recipes: Navratan Luqma
We bring to you a bunch of recipes from the Masterchefs themselves. Make sure you try out this recipe out at home.MasterChef Article – Mon 8 Apr, 2013 4:21 PM IST
- AUS won by 218 runsvs. ENGAUS2nd TestThu, Dec 05, 2013Adelaide, AustraliaThe Ashes 2013-14...
- PAK won by 6 wkts.vs. PAKAFGOne-off T20ISun, Dec 08, 2013Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesAfghanistan vs Pakistan T2...
- SA won by 134 runsvs. INDSA2nd ODISun, Dec 08, 2013Durban, South AfricaIndia in South Africa ODI ...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. WINZ2nd TestTue, Dec 10, 2013Wellington, New ZealandWest Indies in New Zealand...
- Upcoming matchvs. INDSA3rd ODIWed, Dec 11, 2013Centurion, South AfricaIndia in South Africa ODI ...
- vs. SLPAK1st T20IWed, Dec 11, 2013Wed, Dec 11, 2013Dubai, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs Sri Lanka T20 ...
1 - 4 of 20