For the Kachori:
½ kg - Maida
1 lt - Oil (for frying)
½ tsp - Jeera (Cumin seeds)
½ tsp - Rai (Mustard seeds)
½ tsp - Saunf (Fennel Seeds)
A pinch - Hing (asafoetida)
1 tsp - Lal Mirch Powder (Red Chili Powder)
½ tsp - Sabut Dhaniya (Coriander Seeds)
100 g - Besan (Gram Flour)
100 g - Oil
50 g - Moong Dal, soaked
20 g - Sugar
For the Jalebi:
1 kg - Maida (Refined Flour)
½ cup - Yoghurt
1 kg - Sugar
200 g - Oil
Few - Chotti Elaichi (Green Cardamom)
For the Rabdi:
1 lt - Fresh Buffalo milk
2 - Chotti Elaichi (Green Cardamom)
30g - Sugar
To make the kachori: Knead together the flour, oil and water till it forms a dough. Let it rest for 15 min.
Take 100g oil and make a tadka using jeera, rai, khada dhaniya and hing. Add 10g sugar, red chili powder. Add 100 g of besan to the mixture, when it starts turning pink, add soaked moong dal.
Now take maida dough and make small pedhas of maida, Flatten them and add the besan and moong dal stuffing in good amount and seal it with fingers.
Deep fry the kachoris in ½ lt oil on low flame. Don’t turn till one side is completely done brown.
To make the jalebi: Heat oil in jalebi pan. Take 200g of maida, and make a flowing consistency paste with ½ cup yoghurt. Rest for 24 hours to ferment. Pipe out the Jalebis into the hot hoil with the help of a piping bag if cloth is not available. Make one string consistency sugar syrup and add eliachi to it.
To make the rabdi: Boil the milk in a big kadhai. When it starts boiling reduce the flame and stop stirring. Keep scraping down the sides of the kadhai and collecting the cream (fat) as it collects there. Continue boiling the milk till 20-25 g is left.
Add 30 g sugar and 1-2 pods of chotti elaichi to the milk. Mix the collected cream with the milk. Serve the jalebi and rabdi together.
For more exciting recipes simply log on to
Or to access recipes on your mobile simply
Dial 1800 267 0700
MasterChef recipes: Kachori, Jalebi & Rabdi
We bring to you a bunch of recipes from the Masterchefs themselves. Make sure you try out this recipe out at home.MasterChef Article – Thu 21 Mar, 2013 3:40 PM IST
- NZ won by an inn.vs. WINZ2nd TestTue, Dec 10, 2013Wellington, New ZealandWest Indies in New Zealand...
- PAK won by 3 wkts.vs. SLPAK1st T20IWed, Dec 11, 2013Dubai, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs Sri Lanka T20 ...
- Match abandonedvs. INDSA3rd ODIWed, Dec 11, 2013Centurion, South AfricaIndia in South Africa ODI ...
- live match AUS 326/6 (87 Overs)vs. ENGAUS3rd TestLIVECurrent Run Rate 3.74Perth, AustraliaThe Ashes 2013-14...
- Upcoming matchvs. SLPAK2nd T20IFri, Dec 13, 2013Dubai, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs Sri Lanka T20 ...
- vs. INDSA1st TestWed, Dec 18, 2013Wed, Dec 18, 2013Johannesburg, South AfricaIndia in South Africa Test...
- vs. SLPAK1st ODIWed, Dec 18, 2013Wed, Dec 18, 2013Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs Sri Lanka ODI ...
1 - 4 of 20