300g - Bhindi (lady fingers)
1 tbsp - Besan (gram flour)
3-4 tbsp - Oil
2 tsp - Saunf (fennel seeds)
2 tsp - Coriander powder
1/4 tsp - Red Chili powder
½ tsp - Turmeric
½ tsp - Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
½ tsp - Garam masala
1 inch piece - Ginger
A pinch of Hing (asafoetida)
½ tsp - Jeera (cumin)
To taste - Salt
Wash the Bhindis and pat dry. Cut off the tops and tails and make an incision along the length of the Bhindi.Except for the hing, add all the masalas in a plate and mix. In a saucepan, heat 1 tbsp of oil. Add jeera and hing to this. Once the jeera starts crackling add the gram flour and sauté.
To this add all the mixed masalas and sauté for another minute. Stuff this mixture into the Bhindis.
In another saucepan heat 2 tbsp of oil. Put in the bhindis and turn very gently 3-4 times. Cover and cook over a medium flame for 5 minutes.Turn the Bhindis and cover and cook for another 2-3 minutes.Then take off the lid and cook the Bhindis over a high flame for a while.
Your stuffed Bhindi is ready. Serve with Salad, Raita and phulkas.
For more exciting recipes simply log on to
Or to access recipes on your mobile simply
Dial 1800 267 0700
MasterChef Recipes: Bharwa Bhindi Gharwala
We bring to you a bunch of recipes from the Masterchefs themselves. Make sure you try out this recipe out at home.MasterChef Article – Thu 28 Mar, 2013 4:55 PM IST
- AUS won by 218 runsvs. ENGAUS2nd TestThu, Dec 05, 2013Adelaide, AustraliaThe Ashes 2013-14...
- PAK won by 6 wkts.vs. PAKAFGOne-off T20ISun, Dec 08, 2013Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesAfghanistan vs Pakistan T2...
- SA won by 134 runsvs. INDSA2nd ODISun, Dec 08, 2013Durban, South AfricaIndia in South Africa ODI ...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. WINZ2nd TestTue, Dec 10, 2013Wellington, New ZealandWest Indies in New Zealand...
- vs. INDSA3rd ODIWed, Dec 11, 2013Wed, Dec 11, 2013Centurion, South AfricaIndia in South Africa ODI ...
- vs. SLPAK1st T20IWed, Dec 11, 2013Wed, Dec 11, 2013Dubai, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs Sri Lanka T20 ...
1 - 4 of 20