Bangalore: A fortnight after suddenly deciding to retire, V.V.S.Laxman looked absolutely relaxed on landing here on Friday, ahead of Sunday’s felicitation by the Anil Kumble-headed Karnataka State Cricket Association.
“I’m happy... I’m comfortable with the decision I’ve taken,” Laxman, always the gentleman, told The Telegraph.
Wife Sailaja nodded, adding: “I’m very happy... I’m saying it because, now, I see him very happy... From what I can make out, he’s not missing cricket.”
They’ve been married for eight years.
Laxman did want to watch either the third or the fourth (and final, as it turned out) day’s play of the first Test, in hometown Hyderabad, but couldn’t.
“We’d set out on the third day, but it began to rain rather heavily... Then, the next day, both children (son Sarvajit and daughter Achintya) fell ill... For the first time, they found me at home when they weren’t well and I didn’t want them to feel bad,” Laxman explained.
If it’s not on Saturday, Laxman will definitely be at the Chinnaswamy on Sunday, the third day of the second and final India versus New Zealand Test.
ALSO SEE: FAREWELL, VVS
Laxman happy with his decision to retireBy Lokendra Pratap Sahi | The Telegraph – Sat 1 Sep, 2012 11:49 AM IST
- SA won by 141 runsvs. INDSA1st ODIThu, Dec 05, 2013Johannesburg, South AfricaIndia in South Africa ODI ...
- IRE won by 68 runsvs. IREAFGFinalSat, Nov 30, 2013Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesICC World Twenty20 Qualifi...
- SA won by 4 wkts.vs. PAKSA3rd ODISat, Nov 30, 2013Centurion, South AfricaPakistan in South Africa O...
- Upcoming matchvs. INDSA2nd ODISun, Dec 08, 2013Durban, South AfricaIndia in South Africa ODI ...
- Upcoming matchvs. PAKAFGOne-off T20ISun, Dec 08, 2013Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesAfghanistan vs Pakistan T2...
- vs. WINZ2nd TestTue, Dec 10, 2013Tue, Dec 10, 2013Wellington, New ZealandWest Indies in New Zealand...
1 - 4 of 20