London, Sep 19 (ANI): Kevin Pietersen, who was left out of the England squad for the crucial India tour, rejected a four-month contract offered by the management only hours before his snub, as both sides failed to find common ground in spite of weeks of prolonged discussions.
According to the Telegraph, Pietersen's come back to the England fold was reliant on agreeing a set of conditions which included surrendering his rights to any future legal action in employment disputes with the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB).
The other conditions were issuing one more public apology for sending provocative text messages to the South African side and drawing out at the last minute from a contract to provide studio analysis from the World Twenty20 for Asian-based broadcaster ESPN.
- Pietersen left out of tour to India
- Pietersen disappointed by latest England snub
- England must resolve Pietersen row, says Hussain
However, Pietersen wrote to the ECB on Monday rejecting the four-month contract, which came with no assurances for the future.
Pietersen also believes he made enough compromises after apologising in person to Andrew Strauss and publicly on the eve of the Lord's Test last month.
The South Africa born batsman also met with other members of the England management, when it is understood he assured his commitment to playing all forms of international cricket for England until the end of the next World Cup in 2015.
On a day when fresh details of the frantic negotiations between Pietersen and the board emerged after weeks of silence, it was also learned the ECB contacted him on Tuesday to open negotiations about a new 12-month central contract.
The ECB declined to comment on the matter.
The England squad for India was chosen last week and Andy Flower, the head coach, told the selectors not to consider Pietersen.