Swansea manager Michael Laudrup, who has endured a difficult league campaign so far, will be hoping to win their first game of the season
West Brom will take on Swansea at The Hawthorns in what is a potentially entertaining encounter.
The hosts started their campaign on a sour note when Southampton, riding on the back of Ricky Lambert’s goal, defeated the Baggies on the opening day of the season.
But an away draw at Everton and a 3-0 win in the Capital One Cup against Newport have given Steve Clarke’s men fresh hope that they can beat a Swansea side which is yet to open its account this season.
Swansea enjoyed an excellent last season in the Premier League, in which they finished 9th and claimed the League Cup which allowed them to enter Europe where they have looked impressive, but Michael Laudrup’s side is yet to register a point in the league as their opening two results were a 4-1 hammering by Manchester United and 1-0 loss to Tottenham.
With two difficult games out of their way, Michael Laudrup will be hoping to win their first league game this season.
Let’s have a look at what stats have to offer for West Bromwich Albion vs Swansea City
- In 28 league encounters between these two sides, West Brom have won 10, while Swansea have won 12. Six of them have been drawn.
- West Brom’s 8th placed finish last season was their highest since 1980/1981 where they finished fourth.
- West Brom, though, have failed to win their last 6 matches in the Premier League.
- West Brom are still to score a Premier League goal after two matches.
- The Baggies’ last home win (2-1) in the Premier League was against Swansea on 9 March 2013.
- Swansea have lost their last 4 Premier League matches in a row for the first time since April 2012..
- The Swans have won just two of their 13 Premier League fixtures since lifting the League Cup in February 2013. They have drawn 3, while losing 8 matches since then.Also Read