By Rakesh Dixit
BHUBANESHWAR: EMBARRASSED over Union Minister of State for Human Resource Development Shashi Tharoor's remarks on Biju Janata Dal supremo and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, Congress' Orissa unit has lodged a protest with the party high command.
During his recent visit to the state, Tharoor had told a local news channel that the Congress' door was always open for Patnaik.
"It may be the personal view of Tharoor but he has no authority to speak about the party matters in Orissa. We have already lodged our protest with the concerned AICC leaders," said Orissa Pradesh Congress Committee (OPCC) president Jaydev Jena.
Jena said when senior party leaders visit the state; they contact local Congress leaders and even visit the party office in Bhubaneswar.
However, Tharoor, who visited the state last week with his wife Sunanda Pushkar, neither went to the Congress Bhavan nor did he try to get in touch with any party leader.
Reproduced From Mail Today. Copyright 2013. MTNPL. All rights reserved.
Congress slams Tharoor
During his recent visit to the state, Tharoor had told a local news channel that the Congress' door was always open for Patnaik.Mail Today – Tue 8 Oct, 2013 4:11 PM IST
By Rakesh Dixit
- WI won by 27 runsvs. ENGWI1st T20ISun, Mar 09, 2014Bridgetown, Barbados, West IndiesEngland in West Indies T20...
- vs. AUSSA1st T20IMatch abandonedSun, Mar 09, 2014Port Elizabeth, South AfricaAustralia in South Africa ...
- SL won by 5 wkts.vs. PAKSLFinalSat, Mar 08, 2014Mirpur, BangladeshAsia Cup, 2014...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. ENGWI2nd T20ITue, Mar 11, 2014Bridgetown, Barbados, West IndiesEngland in West Indies T20...
- Upcoming matchvs. AUSSA2nd T20IWed, Mar 12, 2014Durban, South AfricaAustralia in South Africa ...
- vs. ENGWI3rd T20IThu, Mar 13, 2014Thu, Mar 13, 2014Bridgetown, Barbados, West IndiesEngland in West Indies T20...