By Rakesh Dixit
BHUBANESHWAR: EMBARRASSED over Union Minister of State for Human Resource Development Shashi Tharoor's remarks on Biju Janata Dal supremo and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, Congress' Orissa unit has lodged a protest with the party high command.
During his recent visit to the state, Tharoor had told a local news channel that the Congress' door was always open for Patnaik.
"It may be the personal view of Tharoor but he has no authority to speak about the party matters in Orissa. We have already lodged our protest with the concerned AICC leaders," said Orissa Pradesh Congress Committee (OPCC) president Jaydev Jena.
Jena said when senior party leaders visit the state; they contact local Congress leaders and even visit the party office in Bhubaneswar.
However, Tharoor, who visited the state last week with his wife Sunanda Pushkar, neither went to the Congress Bhavan nor did he try to get in touch with any party leader.
Reproduced From Mail Today. Copyright 2013. MTNPL. All rights reserved.
Congress slams Tharoor
During his recent visit to the state, Tharoor had told a local news channel that the Congress' door was always open for Patnaik.Mail Today – Tue 8 Oct, 2013 4:11 PM IST
By Rakesh Dixit
- AUS won by 218 runsvs. ENGAUS2nd TestThu, Dec 05, 2013Adelaide, AustraliaThe Ashes 2013-14...
- PAK won by 6 wkts.vs. PAKAFGOne-off T20ISun, Dec 08, 2013Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesAfghanistan vs Pakistan T2...
- SA won by 134 runsvs. INDSA2nd ODISun, Dec 08, 2013Durban, South AfricaIndia in South Africa ODI ...
- No live matches are in progress.
- Upcoming matchvs. WINZ2nd TestTue, Dec 10, 2013Wellington, New ZealandWest Indies in New Zealand...
- Upcoming matchvs. INDSA3rd ODIWed, Dec 11, 2013Centurion, South AfricaIndia in South Africa ODI ...
- Upcoming matchvs. SLPAK1st T20IWed, Dec 11, 2013Dubai, United Arab EmiratesPakistan vs Sri Lanka T20 ...