ROHTAK: Chaudhary Birender Singh, a Congress leader from Rohtak in Haryana and a member of the Rajya Sabha, made a sensational claim stating that seats to the Rajya Sabha can be bought for a sum of Rs 100 crore.
He said many Rajya Sabha membership seekers are ready to pay Rs 100 crore per seat. He claimed that a current Rajya Sabha member had once told him that his budget for a Rajya Sabha seat was Rs 100 crore but that he was able to settle the issue for Rs 80 crore only.
Birender Singh said that people who spend this kind of money to get a Rajya Sabha seat would never work for the poor of the nation.
The Bharatiya Janata Party, meanwhile, was quick to pounce on the opportunity to slam the government and lamented the ‘depths’ to which politics in the country had fallen.
However, the Congress MP soon backtracked, saying that he meant that “only millionaires should not become Rajya Sabha members, otherwise there would be nobody to look after the poor.
Reports suggest that Singh is a disgruntled person as he has been stripped off his position in the party.
Congress MP says RS seat are sold for Rs 100 crore
Reports suggest that Chaudhary Birender Singh is a disgruntled person as he has been stripped off his position in the party.Yahoo! India News – Mon 29 Jul, 2013 2:53 PM IST
- Match drawnvs. WINZ1st TestMon, Dec 02, 2013Dunedin, New ZealandWest Indies in New Zealand...
- SA won by 141 runsvs. INDSA1st ODIThu, Dec 05, 2013Johannesburg, South AfricaIndia in South Africa ODI ...
- IRE won by 68 runsvs. IREAFGFinalSat, Nov 30, 2013Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesICC World Twenty20 Qualifi...
- Upcoming matchvs. INDSA2nd ODISun, Dec 08, 2013Durban, South AfricaIndia in South Africa ODI ...
- Upcoming matchvs. PAKAFGOne-off T20ISun, Dec 08, 2013Sharjah, United Arab EmiratesAfghanistan vs Pakistan T2...
- vs. WINZ2nd TestTue, Dec 10, 2013Tue, Dec 10, 2013Wellington, New ZealandWest Indies in New Zealand...
1 - 4 of 20