1. Kids born in that week Sachin Tendulkar destroyed Australia in Sharjah would now be getting ready to write their SSC exams.
2. This boy Matthew Fisher is 15 years old. He was born in 1997. He has started playing county cricket for Yorkshire this season. It has been a while since your fifteenth birthday, hasn't it?
3. It has been 16 years since Reebok labeled Rahul Dravid ‘The Wall’ in their Tomorrow Is Mine campaign.
4. You actually remember Harsha Bhogle from an era when he had no hair...
5. ... and Virender Sehwag from the era he had hair.
6. It’s been 20 years since Allan Border’s Cricket was released, and you remember thinking it was the most amazing video game you had ever played...
7. ... till Electronic Arts released Cricket 1997.
8. It’s 20 years since Shane Warne’s Ball Of The Century.
9. You actually remember Sunil Gavaskar from a time he had salt-and-pepper hair. The photograph on the left is from 1983. Gavaskar’s hair is jet black now. How intriguing!
10. It has been six years since Yuvraj Singh’s six sixes against Stuart Broad and MS Dhoni lifting the World Twenty20 in South Africa.
11. Y2K era kids are now getting ready to play international cricket.
12. You remember watching Sachin Tendulkar bat in the 1992 World Cup.
13. Parthiv Patel was just a child – 17 years old – when he made his Test debut in England in 2002. Here he is now, all grown up with his wife and daughter.
14. It has been nearly six years since Tendulkar and Ganguly last opened the innings for India.
15. It has been nine years since Indian Cricket, the only almanac we had for the longest time, shut shop. How many of you remember reading it?
16. It has been 11 since Sourav Ganguly waved that shirt on the balcony at Lord’s. But most of us remember it like it happened yesterday.
17. Brian Lara’s 400 not out happened nine years ago.
18. It has been eight years since a tennis elbow threatened to end Tendulkar’s career. He’s still around!
19. You remember watching cricket on TV in an era when looking at the graphic on the top-right, you could not understand which ball of the over was in progress.
20. The team of the 1996 World Cup was one of the finest Indian squads assembled. You remember the tournament like it had happened recently. Yet can you guess the current ages of the members of that team?
21. When Sachin Tendulkar started his international cricket in 1989, these were the top-grossing Bollywood films released that year. Of the actors above, Sridevi and Madhuri Dixit have made a comeback to films. Anil Kapoor, Naseeruddin Shah, Dimple Kapadia and Jackie Shroff have kids who are connected to the film world in some way. Nagarjuna is still a big deal down south. Bhagyashree has fallen off the radar. Salman Khan is still romancing nubile heroines. And Rajinikanth is... well... Rajinikanth.
It's been a while, hasn't it?