Having a cricket stadium in a country, where the sport is nothing less than alien is an achievement in itself. This sporting club situated in the heart of Toronto dates back to 1827. While skating was a part of the club since the 1800s, cricket made its entry much later in 1931. The clubs were amalgamated in 1957. The club also provided facilities for tennis and squash, amongst other sports. Until September 2006, this was the only cricket ground in the whole of Canada that held the license to officiate ODIs. India and Pakistan were the first two teams to play on the Canadian soil in the Sahara Cup.