‘The Ranji Team for the domestic one-day games had been announced, and the morning’s newspapers were carrying the line-up. I was looking for the new names that had found their way into the team. But something was hugely awry. The players I’d known would make it to the team were all on the list. The ones that got no attention in all these days of practice had been taken off the list, no surprises there. But the reporter had bungled up—big time. He had to have; why else would my name not be on a list that had carried it for over a decade now (and leading the list, thanks to the double ‘a’ in Aakash). I went over the list again. This time I read out each name, but no, there was no ‘Aakash Chopra’… Not for a moment did I consider this preposterous possibility—until now, as I sat still, blank, forced to wrap my head around the idea. u000a u000a …Of course, having my name struck off the list was a huge blow. But that is how it is. No matter how brave a face a player presents, there isRead More »from The Ajit Agarkar vs Mumbai fiasco
Australian pacer James Pattison
took 5-27 on Test debut in Brisbane against New Zealand, making it
the sixth occasion of a bowler capturing five or more wickets on debut
conceding less than thirty runs.
The six occasions:
Pattsion's 5-27 provided the 146th occasion of a bowler capturing
five or more wickets on Test debut.
He is the 34th Australian bowler toRead More »from Pattinson’s Five-Star Debut
perform such a feat and the fourth
Ravi Rampaul with his 86 not out in the second ODI
against India in Vizag rewrote the record books. This was the highest score by
a batsman playing at No. 10.
The previous best was 73 not out by Pakistan's Mohammad
Aamir against New Zealand in Abu Dhabi in 2009.
Rampaul's was just the fifth fifty scored at No.
10. The full list:
02 Dec 2011
09 Nov 2009
07 Mar 2002
03 Nov 2010
26 Aug 2005
Rampaul and Kemar Roach added 99 unbeaten runs for
the 10th wicket. It's the third highest last-wicket stand in ODIs.
It was also the highest last-wicket stand against
India, beating a record created in 1983.
The three fifty-plus stands against India:
Read More »from Rampaul’s Record and Last-Wicket Fightbacks
- HYD won by 5 wkts.vs. KOLHYDMatch 72Sun, May 19, 2013Hyderabad, IndiaIndian Premier League, 201...
- vs. PAKSCO2nd ODIMatch abandonedSun, May 19, 2013Raeburn Place, Edinburgh, ScotlandPakistan in Scotland ODI S...
- PUN won by 38 runsvs. DELPUNMatch 71Sun, May 19, 2013Pune, IndiaIndian Premier League, 201...
- live match HYD 132/5 (18.5 Overs)vs. KOLHYDMatch 72LIVEKOL 130/7;Hyderabad, IndiaIndian Premier League, 201...
- Upcoming matchvs. MUMCHEQualifier 1Tue, May 21, 2013Delhi, IndiaIndian Premier League, 201...
- vs. HYDRAJEliminatorWed, May 22, 2013Wed, May 22, 2013Delhi, IndiaIndian Premier League, 201...
- vs. PAKIRE1st ODIThu, May 23, 2013Thu, May 23, 2013Dublin, IrelandPakistan in Ireland ODI Se...